Quote of the Day
Quote of the Day provided by The Free Library
Cornfedtrouble: A game is a game is ...

Cornfedtrouble

Check here for the latest on the road adventures of the Caribou Projects Discovery Team.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Volga, SD, United States

Friday, August 24, 2007

A game is a game is ...

Field Goals

There he sat,
a contented bench warmer
who never had to meet the test,
bear the shame of loss,

the weighty hometown fame
responsibilities
were for some other
well scrubbed fellow,
whose insouciance
becharmed cheerleaders.

The budding sports writer
polished his wits,
repeated wry comments.
Under his breath

word plays.
While others sweated,
he mastered
BLOCKING

.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Breanna Linda P6 said...

I really liked this piece because I think everyone tries to make "word plays" in there life or at least I do because it helps me organize me thoughts. I could also really see someone doing this while sitting on a bench as a "bench warmer" Good job!

10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home