Quote of the Day
Quote of the Day provided by The Free Library
Cornfedtrouble: Work in Progress

Cornfedtrouble

Check here for the latest on the road adventures of the Caribou Projects Discovery Team.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Volga, SD, United States

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Work in Progress

Perogatory

Whatever you've come here to get

Try to forget it
It is so inhumane, replaceable,
Maybe you were looking for love
or food, some temporary satiation
I ask you
How do you greet a git?
Tell him G’day
The way we say
Not okay

Is it with a cut
a gesture, or
wave goodbye?

No matter.
I can not help
you.
I am unknown among the living.

(The lines linked are part of the poem.)


The poem I wrote this week took me on an adventure. It began when on some lark, I clicked on a bookmark that I had saved who knows when, I am guessing Nov06 or before,
Guardian's Poetry Workshop

Wow, I had seen this in a Poetry Thursday comment last week (I had ignored it at the time). So i grabbed a "W S Graham first line" and well...the next thing i knew I was on Wordie.
looking for alternate definitions of my title, I have ideas about it bastardization, and ended up discovering Bonnie Jones.

I invite you to share the adventure, no directions provided as that is part of it all!
ab


Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Tracy said...

I love internet adventures! :)

3:23 PM  
Blogger gautami tripathy said...

Some adventure! You did great with it.

3:27 AM  
Blogger Brian said...

Very neat poem and I like the linked ending going somewhere else.

Brian

6:55 AM  
Blogger BeLoved.... said...

fun journey! thanks for pointing the way! :)

7:57 AM  
Blogger paisley said...

i love the concept... bits and pieces.. excellent....

9:00 AM  
Blogger K.M.Ryan said...

Interesting. the three ideas seemed to each have their own separate idea, and only one apiece.
very nice.

10:38 AM  
Blogger Tumblewords: said...

An interesting post - the search and accompanying thought is uplifting - thanks!

1:35 PM  
Blogger Drizel said...

Wowi, sooooo awesome:)

1:38 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

Hey Uncle Al! I received your check in the mail today--thank you soooooo much. Very generous of you--will help my small non-profit choir tremendously. See you this weekend!

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home