Quote of the Day
Quote of the Day provided by The Free Library
Cornfedtrouble: Meditation

Cornfedtrouble

Check here for the latest on the road adventures of the Caribou Projects Discovery Team.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Volga, SD, United States

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Meditation


Desensitized

Below the harsh mower rumble
I strain to hear the grass answer the blue bird song
Before me,
Boats pass over a deeper source of life
One I can only analyze.
A gnat attack jerks my eyes to a blur
As if the taste of grass numbed me
For a moment I am deaf
I touch myself just to make certain.

[The following section is
optional if you prefer a dramatic ending.]

This immediately set off a cranium war
The cerebellum said no way, not my fault
Hey I been thinking, said the left frontal lobe
“Don’t blame me,” the right frontal lobe mused.
The hippocampus faked memory loss
Finally the amygdala got the blame,
for

Nothing left to fear.



The propmpt: Lying in a Hammock at William Duffy's Farm in Pine Island, Minnesota by James Wright

and don't forget " A Moment" by Ruth Stone

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home